Hello my dear friends,
the most beautiful Dee from DeeforDana nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you so much for giving me the chance to answer 10 questions about my dreams, my passions and social media in general, gorgeous friend!
Don’t miss to check her website! She’s become a constant source of inspiration to me and you’ll not regret to make friends with her (as she’s one of the most warmhearted people I met through social media).
The Liebster Award is an award from bloggers for bloggers. Nominating each other helps to keep up the motivation and bring together likeminded people. The blogosphere can be crazy and confusing sometimes. Therefore it’s amazing to have one another.
Here are the 10 questions I got from Dana:
1. How would you describe your personal style?
I love versatile pieces. When I go out on weekends (which became rare lately) I love to wear chic dresses and heels, other days I feel more like wearing jeans, a cool shirt and comfy sneakers or boots. So most of the time I’d describe my personal style as casual chic. In my daily life as a teacher I’d be a little overdressed in anything else than that. Oh and I looove scarfs, I just can’t have enough of them.
2. Where do you get your style inspiration?
I love fashion magazines. I can’t remember when I started reading them, but it was at a pretty early age. My mom is a fashion maniac and I guess that’s what she handed down to me. My favorite magazines are InStyle, Vogue and Haarper’s Bazar. Since I registered on Instagram a couple of months ago it became a great source of inspiration too. I love to follow girls with similar and completely different styles. This challenges me to try something new every once in a while. I also like to go to Vintage Stores and dive into former fashion times.
3. Where do you find yourself in 5 years from now?
I hope to be a blogging mommy then. I love kids and my hubby and I hope to become parents in the near future. I also love reading, writing and photography. So this seems to be the perfect link.
4. What is the most important thing you carry with you when you leave the house?
If I’d be sentimental (which I definitely am from time to time), I’d have to say the knowledge that I’m truly loved and the faith that my heavenly father leads my steps into the right direction. I carry this like secret weapon. Aside from that I unfortunately have to say that the most important thing is my phone. But yesterday I learned that I can totally survive without it. I forgot it at home (which seriously never happens) and I’m still alive. Oh and my of course my new glasses (or lenses that I usually use)! I’d be flat on my back without them.
5. If you had a chance to buy whatever you wanted for free from one shop, which shop would it be?
This is probably the most challenging question. I have quite a few things on my wish list. Currently it would be an Apple store I guess. I need a new computer which is most suitable for editing pictures and be creative in general. So feel free to give me tips if you’re an expert!
6. What is your favorite pairing for an “on-the-go” outfit?
Depending on the temperatures I’d go for (guess what…) a leather jacket, ripped jeans, a scarf and some cool leather boots. Well, this was actually more than a pair…I just can’t decide.
7. When shopping, what type of looks attract your attention most?
It’s either very chic and glamorous outfits (I’m really attracted to anything sparkling) or cool and clean looks. I also love pastel colors. I’d seriously stop whenever I see something blush pink.
8. What is the most important piece of advice you think we should do as bloggers to keep our followers happy or to gain more followers?
First of all…thank you, my beautiful Dee, for this question. I can’t wait to read what the others wrote on this topic. It’s so inspiring to share experiences with each other and learn from one another. And I have something on my heart that weighs heavy. I’m pretty new to the blogosphere, but I’m 100 percent sure that the only way that leads to enduring success is to be real and to be honest. If you tell people what you think they want to hear (or see), you’ll lose yourself and become a copy of the current favorites. But this world has become fast-moving. Stick to what you love and what you’re passionate about. Don’t get bent and twisted.
A habit (a rude one in my opinion) that I wouldn’t get into is that follow to unfollow kind of thing on Instagram to gain more followers. I really don’t get that! If I like a person’s feed and/or feel inspired by the kindness of people, I follow. If somebody catches my attention by liking and commenting my pictures, that’s an amazing thing. But what I really don’t like (and I’ll be repetitive) neither understand is to follow somebody, wait until the person follows you back to then immediately unfollow again. It happened to me several times. That’s not how I want to treat my followers, neither do I want to be treated like this.
Last not least: Be so good they can’t ignore you. Therefore you have to concentrate more on the quality of your contents than on gaining more followers. Don’t get me wrong! Wanting to gain more followers is fine. But I don’t want to make it a priority. Mine is to get better every day. Have patience, be kind and do your thing!
9. What is your favorite meal of the day? And what type of food do you like?
Breakfast. Definitely breakfast. If I have time (especially on the weekend), I celebrate this meal. My family used to have extended breakfasts for hours on Saturdays and Sundays when I was a child. My parents still stick to that tradition. But I’d call myself a food lover in general. I do love healthy food (such as salads, fruit bowls and light Mediterranean food), but I also enjoy a burger and some French fries from time to time.
10. Last question (I always ask myself and would love to read different perspectives) what are you most thankful for?
I’m most thankful to be blessed with health and to have wonderful friends and a family by my side. I truly believe that constant gratitude (even for challenging situations in life) changes your heart and your perspective to the better.
1. Michelle – Gold Dust & Sugar Lust
2. Füsun – Short Stories & Skirts
3. Raysa – Style by Raysa
4. Britta – Miss chique and stylish
5. Annie & Cat – Collective Passions
6. Kathrin – Get carried away
7. Arzo – Arzo Travels
8. Melina – Melina Alt
9. Soukaina – Soukaina B.
- Post your award to your blog.
- Answer the questions that you were given from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate a few new bloggers you’ve discovered.
- Create 10 new questions for the nominees.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.My questions for the nominees:
1. When and why have you started blogging?
2. What are your favorite fashion items currently?
3. If you could sit and chat with your favorite designer, who would it be and what would you ask him or her?
4. If you could decide on your own designer collaboration (like H&M and Balmain), which labels would you bring together?
5. What was your favorite cartoon in your childhood?
6. Let’s talk about your dreams. If you could be anything you want, what would it be?
7. What’s your favorite time of the year?
8. How will you spend Christmas? Or how do you usually spend it?
9. What are your plans for 2016?
10. Which advices and recommendations would you give to people who just started blogging?
Hope you enjoyed reading! Sending much LOVE you way!